Many thanks to the following sites and people for helping to make THIS site possible!
|Game or Idea||Credit to||Link|
|entire TCG concept||Calico - Senshi Card Mania||www|
|direct link Christmas gifts, icons on games||Icera - So Magical||www|
|use of password gates||Mousey - Animelicious||x|
|ability board (Starseed Powers)||Tyna - Endless||www|
|study session, idea for Ultimate Showdown||Rin - Fictional||www|
|puzzle game||Bunny - Manga Moon Cards||www|
|lucky match, war||Sepia - Genki Beam!||www|
|currency/coupons||Superdoe - The Last Unicorn||x|
I've dreamed up a lot of different things since I started running TCGs in January 2005. I know it seems like no one actually invented the basic things that are used in almost every TCG today, like using databases for members/games/cards, and card names displaying below the images of cards when you win games. Believe it or not, those things didn't always exist!
I'm proud to have played a major role in the modernization of the online TCG. Trading Academy was the first TCG I owned and the one that inspired me to think of ways to make TCGing easier for both owners AND players. :D Now all those fun bits have been applied to Moonlight Legend too!
Note: It's quite possible that other TCG owners started doing similar things around the same time. I wholeheartedly believe that it's very possible (and likely) for multiple people to have the same good idea independently of each other. I just want to say that I was one of them, and to this day, I still use the custom, flexible systems and scripts that Marfisa and I created together, NOT any of the standard prepackaged TCG systems that exist.
- automatic starter pack when filling out join form
- automatic level up & mastery rewards
- easy updater for trade log & card collection
- database-driven member list
- database-driven game update system
- database-driven hall of fame
- automated slots and war games
- monthly team contest using randomized teams and TCG accomplishments (Sailor Wars)
- Starseed Powers (the actual effects; the idea itself is from Endless/Synthesis)
from the past
There are many other original ideas that appeared earlier. In order to preserve a bit of TCG history, I've listed them here as well.
- automatic vending machine for goodies (Gashapon!)
- picross (adapted for TCG use)
- monthly contest allowing members to take on some owner's duties if they like (Be the Owner)
- specialized collections used to collect cards worth three (Starlight Collections)
- hidden links with a haiku hint twist (Talisman Hunt)
- using Cutenews as a level up & mastery system in place of a forum or forms
- TinyStar Screencaps - anime screenshots (my own site! :D)
- The Oracle - general information, some images
- ftp.moonie.ca - laserdisc covers
- Manga Style - artbook scans
- Sailor Moon Center - some videos (textless openings)
- Azha - pixels/sprites
- Lycentia's SM Graphics - pixels/sprites